Flexible Booking Policy
We understand that it’s normal to feel cautious about making travel plans in the near future.
You’re not alone.
We’ve been talking to customers frequently throughout this difficult and uncertain time and have paid close attention to their feelings and feedback.
Our customers are anxious and apprehensive, yet they’re also seeking something to look forward to in post-quarantine life.
That’s why we’ve introduced our new Flexible Booking Policy to give you total peace of mind so you can confidently book your next trip with Freeland Hiking Co whilst eliminating any risk.
You choose at no extra charge from either our Full Flex or Ultimate Flex booking options depending on what YOU feel comfortable with.
We want you to have clarity in where you stand with us going forward and allow you to feel totally comfortable about changing your mind.
Full Flex Booking Option:
Book Any Tour Of Your Choice, Pay A 20% Deposit And
Change The Dates And/Or Destination Up To 2 Times For Free*
Up To 30 Days Before Departure.
Ultimate Flex Booking Option:
Book Any Tour Of Your Choice, Pay In Full And
Change The Dates, And/Or Destination, As Many Times As You Like
For Free* Up To 30 Days Before Departure.
Both of our FLEX options give you freedom from financial worry or tie-in by allowing you to delay your departure and transfer your payment to another date of your choice, free of charge.
We’re here to reassure you that booking with Freeland Hiking Co means it’s time to stress less and get excited about your next travel experience!
*We need to apply some conditions in order to make this possible for everyone so we have outlined these in full on our FAQs section below. Still got questions? Chat to us by email or by phone for more details. We’d love to hear from you.
Other Terms and Conditions
All prices are in Australia dollars (AUD$). If a booking is made more than sixty (30) days prior to the scheduled trip date, a deposit of 20% per person is required to reserve a place, with the balance payable no less than thirty (30) days before the departure date. For reservations made thirty (30) days or less from the departure date, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
Single Travellers Prices are based on per person twin-share. Single travellers will be paired with another single traveller of the same gender at no additional charge. If guests would like to guarantee sole occupancy they can choose to pay an additional single supplement subject to availability. Children 14 years and above are considered to be adults.
Children under 14 years of age are welcome to join an overnight trip, but enquiries and bookings must be made with our office directly.
Refunds and Cancellations
The following cancellation policy applies:
• Booking cancelled more than 60 days prior to scheduled trip departure date – full refund.
• Booking cancelled less than 30 days before scheduled trip departure date – no part of monies paid will be refunded.
• Booking cancelled between 60 and 30 days before scheduled trip departure date – a cancellation fee of 20% per person will be charged and the balance amount paid will be refunded.
Freeland Hiking Co. reserves the right to cancel bookings that have not been paid for in full 30 days before scheduled trip departure date. Freeland Hiking Co. reserves the right to cancel any trip, due to weather, low guest numbers or other circumstance out of its control. If a trip is cancelled a full refund will be provided for the trip cost, however, Freeland Hiking Co. will not responsible for reimbursement of the cost of flights, accommodation, hire car, meals or any other incidental costs which are or may be incurred in relation to the cancelled trip.
Health and Fitness
All tours require a moderate to high level of fitness and a degree of mental stamina. Being physically prepared is paramount to the experience and to yours and the group’s safety. Being physically prepared will ensure you gain maximum involvement and enjoyment on your trek.
Due to the physical activity involved with our treks, all guests 69 years of age or over at the time of the trek will require a medical clearance from a health professional.
It is vital that you inform us of any medical conditions that may affect you during your time with us. We need to know so that we can ensure maximum safety, comfort and enjoyment on your trek. Consult your GP before your tour if you have any pre-existing medical conditions which may affect you while on tour. Please advise us on the Booking Form of any medications you are taking, medical conditions (i.e. allergies etc.) and any previous injuries or operations you may have or had. It may be a requirement to have your GP sign a medical clearance form. If taking any medication, please make sure you bring adequate supplies for the duration of the tour.
100% Money-back Guarantee
We totally get that buying an experience is a big choice. You can’t exactly ‘return’ your tour it if it’s faulty. Being a traveller myself, I know what it’s like to have a million tabs open, all offering seemingly similar options, scouring through reviews and trying to decipher which tour offers the best value.
So to eliminate the decision-making process, we’ve introduced a 100% money-back guarantee because we’re so confident that you’ll have an amazing time on a Freeland Hiking Co. tour.
The fine print:
If you find the tour is not meeting your expectations or is not as described, you need to raise it with your guide on the tour. If we are unable to rectify or resolve your issue(s), then we will honour your request for a full refund if it meets the following criteria:
1. Your request must be within ‘reasonable control’ of the company, or your guide to rectify, and be considered a fair complaint.
For example, reasonable control means things that can be controlled by the company or your guide, e.g. the quality of the food provided, the quality of the information shared.
What is not considered reasonable control are things such as:
1. the weather; As much as we’d love to guarantee sunshine on every tour, we cannot refund you because the weather wasn’t to your satisfaction.
2. Other members of the group; Unfortunately, just because you didn’t get along with ‘old-mate’, we cannot refund your money, that’s not fair
3. The views or the landscape was underwhelming; If you enjoyed every aspect of the service provided by Freeland Hiking Co, but found the destination underwhelming, or not to your tastes, then we’re not going to refund your money. That seems fair right?
4. Not seeing wildlife; as the name implies, animals inside National Parks are wild creatures and cannot be controlled. If you are unhappy because you didn’t see a kangaroo or a whale breach, then I think it’s fair to say we won’t be able to refund you. We don’t guarantee these animals on any tours.
2. You must raise your complaint with your guide on the tour, and allow us the chance to rectify your complaint or issue first. For example, if you are unhappy with the lunch provided, you must let us attempt to arrange a new lunch to be delivered.
Unfortunately, if you do not raise your concerns on the tour with your guide, we cannot provide any money-back guarantee.
If you are unsure about our guarantee or have any questions, please feel free to contact us today!